To bring together the experiences and knowledge of Asian and European countries in the field of transport ecology research, the first Asia-Europe Transportation Ecology Forum invite you to prepare and submit abstracts on research or practices related to transport ecology.
The following are some of the research directions and themes in transport ecology that are to be proposed as the focus of the conference, and abstracts and sub-forum themes may not be limited to this list.
- Habitat loss, degradation, and fragmentation
- Road traffic injuries (roadkill, road fatalities, road injuries, wildlife-vehicle collision (WVC))
- Road impact domains
- Barrier impacts
- Animal passage (wildlife crossing structure)
- Environmental Impact Assessment / Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment / Planning Environmental Impact Assessment/Mitigation Hierarchy approaches
- Vegetation protection and restoration
- Transportation technology innovation to support environmental protection, ecological conservation, biodiversity conservation
- Policy and Management
- Standards and regulations
- Citizen science/public participation
- Stakeholder engagement